Member Access to the Club Driveway, Shooting
Ranges, and Club House
Entrance: Mid-August 2021
Larger Image (2400x1700
- The club driveway is open to vehicular traffic.
- The locks on both the entry gate and clay thrower are now set to
the combination furnished to members for the 2021-22 membership year.
- No motor vehicles are to be driven on the Rifle Range access road
unless the ground is firm and completely dry.
- The club's ranges are open, but may be soggy. Ranges may close
during scheduled events; see "upcoming events" list below.
- The club house is open for access to the restroom. The door will
unlock with the same combination as the gate lock.
Regular Weekly Events
- 30 October 2020, Saturday
- Shotgun Five-Stand Shooting
The twice-weekly shotgun five-stand sessions have been suspended for
the fall hunting seasons and the almost interminable winter snow
season. Check the Events Page for further
- Practical Pistol Shooting (IDPA)
The weekly practice sessions of IDPA shooting have been suspended
until the shooting ranges open in Spring 2022. See the
Events Page for more information.
National Rifle Association
- New Steel Targets for 22 LR
For 22 rimfire shooters, two racks of steel plinking targets are
now in place in front of the 50-yard berm on the rifle range.
Please use ONLY 22 Rimfire ammo when shooting at these targets
- Notice - PLSC Range Rules and Member Information pages
have been revised.
All members must read and become familiar with the new 2021-22
versions of the Member Information document and the PSLC Range Rules.
These are posted on the Members' Rules &
Info web page.
If you are not a member of the PLSC and wish to join, see the
Membership Page. If you were a member
last year and did not receive information about renewing your
membership, you should contact the club secretary. (Club contact information)
- Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions
All club members (annual, student, life, senior) are required to
attend a Range Familiarization & Safety Session at least once
every three years. A membership card and gate lock combination will
not be issued until timely completion of a session.
Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions may be shown above on the
list of Upcoming Events, and on the Club Calendar.
If you cannot attend a scheduled session, convenient times can
usually be arranged by contacting the Club Secretary. (Club contact information)
- Club Photo Gallery
The website now includes a photo gallery of club activities and
interests. It may be accessed with the "Gallery" link on the menu. If
you have a set of photos of club activities or suggestions for
additions and improvements, please contact website maintenance
(Club contact information)
- Portage Lake Sportsmen's Club on Facebook
A Facebook page has now been set up for the club. Here's a link to
the page: PLSC on
Facebook. Please contact the Club Secretary with
suggestions and constructive comments. (Club
• Read NRA Daily Notices
• Read the NRA Club Connection magazine
• Join the NRA at a discount through PLSC