Upcoming & Regular Events (See below
for events of the recent past.)
- May 1, 2017: PLSC annual membership year begins
- Beginning date for annual memberships for 2017-18.
- Gate lock combination change is scheduled for this date.
- See Membership page for more
information and for membership renewal.
- Personal Protection in the Home - NRA Course
This course will be offered at three times this year, in June, July
& Saturday, June 9 & 10, 2017
2ND OFFERING: Friday &
Saturday, July 14 & 15, 2017
3RD OFFERING: Friday &
Saturday, Sept 22 & 23, 2017
Fridays, 6 - 9 pm
Saturdays, 9 am - 5 pm
- Location: PLSC Clubhouse and ranges. (Go to PLSC location web page
Note: The map on the NRA Registration Page (see
below) is incorrect.
Completion of this course will satisfy the Michigan training
requirement for applying for a Concealed Pistol License (CPL).
We have a team of instructors working together to help you
develop your handgun skills, learn about self defense and the law,
and teach you how to enhance your safety while in and around your
- What to bring with you:
• Your personal protection handgun if you have one along with
100 rounds ammunition. We have a couple of loaner pistols if you do
not have an appropriate handgun.
• Safety glasses and hearing plugs or muffs.
• A lunch for Saturday. Bottled water and a limited selection
of sodas are available at the club.
- Registration: Persons taking the course must register
through the the NRA Training web page for this course.
Go to NRA registration web page for PLSC course.
- Information: The NRA web page provides specific and
detailed information about fees, fee payment procedures, contact
- Registration limits: The course is limited to the first
- Note: The course is being offered as a fund-raising
activity to benefit the Portage Lake Sportsmen's Club.
- July 29,2017, Saturday: 3-Gun Shoot - Cancelled
PLSC Events of the Recent Past
- Twice-Weekly Shotgun Five-Stand Shooting
The regular summer schedule for 5-stand shotgun:
6 PM Wednesdays
1 PM Sundays
Location: 5-Stand Facility at PLSC grounds.
Cost: $5 per round of 25 clay targets. Surcharge for non-members.
For information contact John DePuydt.(Club
contact information page )
Also review club rules for 5-stand shooting (Club rules page.)
- Weekly Practical Pistol Shooting (IDPA)
Regular summer practice sessions for practical pistol shooting:
6:30 PM Tuesdays
Location: At the pistol pit range on the clubhouse grounds.
Cost: $2 per evening. Surcharge for non-members.
For further information contact Scott Gruenberg. (Club contact information)
- Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions
Attendance at a Range Familiarization & Safety
Session is required for all new applicants for membership, and at
least once every three years for all renewing club members (annual,
student, life, senior). A membership card and gate lock combination
will be issued only after timely completion of a session.
Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions may be
listed on the Club Calendar.
If an individual cannot attend a scheduled session, convenient times
may usually be arranged by contacting the Club Secretary. (Club contact information).
- Recent Activities
Link to List
The Portage Lake Sportsmen's Club organizes and sponsors a variety of
activities throughout the year. As information for members,
members, and others interested in PLSC activities, announcements have
been listed for some events occurring during the last few months.