Upcoming & Regular Events
(See bottom of page for link to events of the recent past.)
- PLSC Concealed Pistol License Class (MCRGO)
>Notice: The Pistol Pit will be open
only to the class from 3:00 to 5:30 PM.
- Date: 26 June 2021, Saturday
- Time: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Location: PLSC Clubhouse and Pistol Range
- A gun you are FAMILIAR with
and can shoot well, ideally a mid-sized or full sized automatic
or revolver - avoid sub/ultra-compact pistols. A .22 target
pistol is also a viable option.
- 100 rounds of quality ammunition.
- Eye protection, ear protection, sack lunch of your choice,
notebook, and pen.
- Cost: $125, cash or check
- Headcount: Course is limited to 16 students
- Drinks: Good coffee and pop is provided.
- In event of rain, snow, etc.: Bring outdoor shoes, raingear, and
- View the detailed CPL
Course Announcement (pdf document).
- Sign up at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- - -
- Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions
Attendance at a Range Familiarization & Safety
Session is required for all new applicants for membership, and at
least once every three years for all renewing annual members and for
life members. A membership card and gate lock combination
will be issued only after timely completion of a session.
Some sessions may be listed on the Club Calendar. If an individual
cannot attend a scheduled session, convenient times may usually be
arranged by contacting the Club Secretary. (Club contact information).
PLSC Events of the Recent Past
- Twice-Weekly Shotgun Five-Stand Shooting
The five-stand shooting facility is accessible and functional for
the 2021 summer season.
The regular summer schedule for 5-Stand shotgun:
6:00 PM Wednesdays
1:00 PM Sundays
Location: 5-Stand Facility at PLSC grounds.
Cost: $5 per round of 25 clay targets. There is a surcharge for
For information contact John DePuydt.(Club
contact information page ). Also review the Clay Range Rules
included in the list of PLSC Range Rules.
Activities will be discontinued about mid-September.
- Weekly Practical Pistol Shooting (IDPA)
The regular summer schedule is in effect for the weekly sessions of
practical pistol shooting:
The regular practice sessions are usually discontinued in September.
They resume in the spring soon after the club ranges are accessible
- Time: 6:30 PM Tuesdays
- Location: Pistol pit or 50-yard portion of the rifle range,
depending on range conditions.
- Cost: $2.50 per session. There is a surcharge for non-members.
- Guidelines for users of the pistol pit facility are included in
the list of PLSC Range Rules.
- For information contact Scott Gruenberg. (Club contact information page
In addition to the activities scheduled above, the Portage Lake
Sportsmen's Club has organized and sponsored a variety of
activities throughout the year during the last few months. The
list of activities on the linked page is provided as information
for members, prospective members, and others interested in PLSC
Link to List