Upcoming & Regular Events (See below
for link to events of the recent past.)
- Members' Quarterly Meeting - Social Meeting with Cookout
- Date: 20 June 2019, Thursday
- Time: 5:30 PM until ?
- Location: PLSC grounds
- Burgers, Hot Dogs, and Chips will be served.
- All PLSC members and their families are invited and
encouraged to attend!
- During or after eating, there will be a general meeting of
- The club ranges will be available for shooting by members at
about 7 PM after the meeting. The 5-stand shotgun range will be in
operation and supervised for informal clay target shooting. The
rifle and pistol ranges will also be open and supervised.
- Members planing to participate in target shooting should bring
their own firearms and ammunition. (Shotgun ammo must be of shot
size 7½ or smaller.)
- Everyone should dress for the weather and bring eye and ear
protection. Insect repellent may be useful.
- If you have not renewed your membership for 2019-2020, we will
have renewal forms available at the clubhouse.
- If you plan to attend, please RSVP with an email to the
PLSC Secretary: email@example.com.
Please indicate the number of guests who will be attending so that
we can estimate how much food is needed.
- Hunter Education Course
- Dates: Saturday & Sunday, 7 & 8 Sept 2019
(Students must attend both days)
- Location: PLSC Ranges and Clubhouse
- Mark your calendars. Further information will be posted here
- Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions
Attendance at a Range Familiarization & Safety
Session is required for all new applicants for membership, and at
least once every three years for all renewing annual members and for
life members. A membership card and gate lock combination
will be issued only after timely completion of a session.
Some sessions may be listed on the Club Calendar. If an individual
cannot attend a scheduled session, convenient times may usually be
arranged by contacting the Club Secretary. (Club contact information).
PLSC Events of the Recent Past
- Twice-Weekly Shotgun Five-Stand Shooting
Five-stand shooting activities begin in the spring as soon as the
facility is accessible and functional. Activities are discontinued
The regular summer schedule for 5-Stand shotgun:
6:00 PM Wednesdays
1:00 PM Sundays
Location: 5-Stand Facility at PLSC grounds.
Cost: $5 per round of 25 clay targets. There is a surcharge for
For information contact John DePuydt.(Club
contact information page )
Also review the section of Clay Range Rules included in the list of
(PLS Range Rules.)
- Weekly Practical Pistol Shooting (IDPA)
Practice sessions for practical pistol shooting begin in the spring
as soon as the range is accessible. Activities on the club ranges
are usually discontinued in September.
The regular summer practice sessions for practical pistol shooting:
6:30 PM Tuesdays
Location: At the pistol pit range on the clubhouse grounds.
Cost: $2.50 per session. Surcharge for non-members.
For further information contact Scott Gruenberg. (Club contact information)
- Recent Activities
Link to List
In addition to the activities scheduled above, the Portage Lake
Sportsmen's Club has organized and sponsored a variety of
activities throughout the year during the last few months. The
list of activities on the linked page is provided as information
for members, prospective members, and others interested in PLSC